Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Cookies!



Christmas cookies are one of my favorite foods. In my mind, they have their own food group. So tasty and delicious, it is probably a good  thing they only come around once a year. One of my favorite cookies around the Holiday's is green and red M&M cookies. I don't know what it is about these, but they taste so much better than the multi-colored M&M cookies. Below, I have the recipe my mom uses to make these. I made them for my office a few days ago and I think they turned out wonderful!


My lovely red mixer. Someday I will own the red Kitchenaid.. Someday... :)


Mixing flour in a Pyrex dish.


Mixing in the M&Ms (Only half the bag though).



Spoon full of dough and press 3 M&M's on top 


Pile on a festive tray and bring into work--they will love it!

M&M Cookie Recipe


Ingredients
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 12 oz pkg M&Ms (Holiday version!)

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&Ms (1/2).

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.

Use other 1/2 of M&Ms  to place on top of cookies.
Bake 10 to 13 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool 1 minute. Store in tightly covered container.




I hope you enjoyed this recipe and check out my other craft project I did below!


 

What cookies are you making for the Holidays? What crafts are you doing?



No comments:

Post a Comment