Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Matte About You!

I love a good manicure. Who doesn't? I knew as soon as I heard of Essie's "Matte About You" that I would need to try it. I like that it has a unique finish that leaves room for imperfection. This manicure can be done quickly and there is no worry of "smudging" the look.

I applied 2 coats of OPI nail polish in Lincoln Park After Dark. I let that dry for about 5 minutes and applied 1 layer of Essie's "Matte About You". It dried instantly and my nails feel really hard/strong. The finish is amazing! So smooth!

Here is a picture of my finished look.



As you can see, the polish dries well and looks very chic. I like that the polish does not budge when you touch things, even after a few minutes. This is great for when you are in a hurry!

I found some other pictures of inspiration on Pinterest that I thought were cute for matte nails. Perhaps I'll give one of these a try in the near future! 

Jewel tone polish

Matte Velvet polish with gold accents


French Tip with Matte polish (My Favorite!!)

Also, found some more inspiration for nails that includes a little glitter!


How cute are these "marble" nails. Apply a coat of glitter between color coats. 
And last, a tried and true favorite. Light pink with gold glitter.

What do you think about Matte polish? Have you tried it? What other trends are you trying on your nails?


No comments:

Post a Comment